Golden spice of India, cultivated in Harrapa civilisation in 3000 BC, turmeric is an underground stem belonging to ginger family. 90% of turmeric is produced in India. Following article will delve deep in turmeric powder amazing benefits.
Amazing Facts of Turmeric Powder
It is mainly used as a source of food colouring (bright yellow orange). It’s a magic herb with numerable health and medical benefits. Turmeric is used as a primary ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine.
Turmeric Powder Facts
- It is a vital ingredient of many herbal
- Turmeric is used in Okinawa, Japan to be served as a tea.
- It is generously used in Asian cooking.
A good source of minerals and vitamins
- It is a very good source of manganese, potassium, iron, vitamin B6 and dietary fibre. Turmeric is a good source of vitamin C and is very low in cholesterol and sodium.
- Turmeric boosts those enzymes that work as antioxidants.
- Turmeric has numerous compounds known as curcuminoids. Curcumin is a primary and active ingredient amongst these compounds. It has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Curcumin fights chronic inflammation in cancer, heart diseases and Alzhimer’s disease.
- Numerous studies suggest that turmeric slows down the development and growth of many types of cancers.
Arthritis and Other Aging Problems
- According to Arthritis Foundation, turmeric may reduce pain and stiffness of joints in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- According to WebMD research, regular consumption of turmeric extract can reduce overall triglycerides and cholesterol for overweight people and patients with high cholesterol levels.
- Curcumin has ability to neutralise the free radicals. Free radicals are responsible for ageing and many diseases.
- Curcumin in turmeric fights inflammation at molecular level by hindering the inflammation causing agents to enter the cell nucleus.
Boosts Mental Activity
- Studies suggest that turmeric boosts mental activity. It is reported in researches that it helps people have a better focus on specific tasks as hour after consumption.
Get a beautiful skin
- Turmeric is used in many home remedies for beautification and improving skin texture and completion.
- This yellow wonder is a home remedy for sunburn
- It acts as a natural liver detoxifier.
Best Remedy for Cold and Cough
- Turmeric powder works best in throat irritation, cold, congestion and bronchitis.
- To treat swelling because of tonsillitis, use turmeric and salt in water as a gargle.
- Boil milk with ½ tsp-1tsp turmeric powder and drink 2-3 times a day for throat irritation, congestion and a troubled respiratory system.
- A paste of water and turmeric powder is a god remedy for abrasions, bruises and traumatic swelling.
- 1/2 a spoon mixed in a glass of lukewarm milk helps reduce pains, heals wounds and improves illness because of any disease.
Turmeric Nutrition Facts
|Total carbohydrates||1.4 g|
|Dietary Fibre||0.5 g|
*percent values are based on a 2000 calories diet.