Times have changed. We all want to know what’s inside the food that we are eating. Is it nutritious or it has just empty calories. Which snack comes to your mind when we talk about cinema, strolling in the park, window shopping etc., etc.? Of course, popcorn. Want to know about popcorn nutrition facts?
Popcorn Nutrition Facts
Popcorn is a whole grain, fibrous munchie. According to the researchers in 2012 at the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania, popcorn has more antioxidants called polyphenols than fruits and vegetables. Polyphenol are have terrific health benefits like
- prevention of cancer,
- high blood pressure, heart diseases and
Pair the right flick with popcorn and you will find it the best bet.
Fun Facts About Popcorn
- The scientific name of popcorn is Zea Mays Everta.
- The ideal temperature for popping corn is around 400o
- National popcorn day is celebrated on 19th of January.
- Popcorn originally came from Mexico and are more than 4000 years old.
- Back in the olden days, when microwave were not invented corn kernels were popped using hot sand.
- The mobile popcorn machines were invented by Charles Cretors in Chicago in the year 1893.
- Popcorn is the official snack of US state Illinois.
- America’s favourite snack by volume is popcorn.
- Popcorn consumption is at it’s peak in Autumn and winter season.
- The highest consumption of popcorn takes place in USA.
- The largest producer of popcorn eaten around the world is America.
- The unpopped kernels of popcorn are called “old maids” or “spinsters”.
- Native Americans also made beer and soup from popcorn, other than eating it.
- Native American tribes also made popcorn corsages and headdresses.
- Popcorn was introduced to Europeans in 15th century by Christopher Columbus.
Plain air-cooled popcorn are loaded with health benefits because
- they are rich in dietary fiber
- they have very low saturated fats
- of zero cholesterol
- of low sugar & sodium.
Plain Air-Popped Popcorn Nutrition
|PLAIN AIR-POPPED POPCORN||3 cup serving|
Salt & Butter Topped Air-Popped Popcorn Nutrition
|SALT & BUTTER TOPPING ON |
|3 cup serving|
|UNSALTED BUTTER NUTRITION|
MICROWAVE POPCORN (butter-flavoured made with palm oil) NUTRITION
(Butter-flavoured made with
|3 cup serving||1 bag serving, 87gm|
Microwave Popcorn (Low-Fat, Low Sodium) Nutrition
|MICROWAVE POPCORN |
(Low-fat, low sodium)
|3 cup serving|
Caramel Popcorn Nutrition
|CARAMEL POPCORN||28gm serving|
What do you think of these popcorn nutrition facts? Let us know in the comment section below.