Aging is an ongoing, continuum process. Aging affects our skin, hair, bones, eye sight, posture and gait. It’s impossible to stop the aging but we can slow down the process by a good nutrition. Want to know about anti aging nutrition diet plan?
Anti Aging Nutrition
This is the era of a quest for longevity. There are no miracle anti aging remedies. Our food choices can to a great extent decide how we age. Health is directly related to nutrition, which in turn affects aging. Proper nutrition is vital for a bountiful health to enjoy and delay the signs of aging. Here are some vital anti aging nutrition tips. Some nutrients in these foods work as anti aging agents.
Anti Aging Agents
- Proteins furnish the building blocks of collagen, important for a wrinkle free skin. It also gives an elasticity to the skin. Lean proteins will keep weight in control
- Egg whites, skinless poultry and fish are excellent lean protein choices.
- Salmon, mackerel and sardines contain the super star omega 3 fatty acids which help keep moisture in skin cells membranes and in it’s strengthening.
- 2 servings of fish a week, no more than 6 ounces to avoid Mercury contamination.
Dairy Products And Leafy Green Vegetables
- Bones are like a frame holding up our bodies like a scaffolding need a support to last for long. So, they need strengthening with the natural cement calcium.
- Go for low fat dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese and green leafy vegetables like spinach, lettuce etc.
Egg Yolks And Corn
- Egg yolks and corn are super sources of leutin that help with presbyopia (natural loss of eye’s ability to focus, which tends to happen as we age).
- It contains phytonutrients, that guard against damage caused by sun rays.
- Skin elasticity is improved by lutein and beta carotene present in it.
- Eat 3 cups a week either a combination of spinach and kale or each vegetable separately.
- This orange relish is rich in carotenoids. It prevents and repairs cellular damage and ageing and reduces inflammation of the eyes along with rest of the body.
- Studies on this ruby red fruit reveals that it slows down ageing as it prompt cells to rebuild and recycle
- Pomegranate’s little red wonders are packed with vitamin C, which helps giving protection against the wrinkling damage by sun rays.
- The juice has a polyphenol compound called ellagic acid that fights damage caused by free radicals.
- It also contains punicalagin, a super nutrient, that increases the capacity of the body to preserve collagen, a connective tissue responsible to make skin look soft and smooth.
- Pomegranate contains ample amount of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and vitamin K help new bone cell production and maintain bone density and strength, notable concern of aging.
- They are extremely rich in antioxidants provide defence against the free radicals that are produced as a result over exertion, stress and sun exposure.
- 1/2 a cup serving ever day shield against fine lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness.
- This crunchy, refreshing fruit can bring glow to your skin, thus stopping aging factor of the skin.
- It’s rich in potassium, vitamin C and lycopene, all important for youthful skin as they regulate water and nutrient balance in cells.
Citrus Fruits, Guava, Strawberries And Peppers
- vitamin C rich foods are perfect to support our eyes health and boost our immune system
- A very famous remedy for youthful skin, green tea, contains antioxidants loaded with polyphenol that fight free radical damage, thus slowing down effects of ageing.
- It also contains catechins, an effective compound for protection against hyperpigmentatuon caused by strenuous sun rays.
- Studies have revealed that green tea has been found effective in protecting the memory, a problem related to ageing.
- Green tea reduces heart diseases, cholesterol levels, inflammation in arthritis and lowers blood pressure, normally all associated with ageing.
- Drink at least 2 cups each day.
- Olive oil’s anti-ageing properties are owing to the presence of oleic acid and polyphenol in it.
- It stops the appearance of new wrinkles and smooths out already present wrinkles due to the group B and D vitamins and monounsaturated fats.
- Appropriate exposure to sunlight is important to generate vitamin D, which helps body first process and then absorb calcium. Both are core nutrients for perfect bone health.
Do you know any anti aging nutrition tips? Let us know in the comment section below.