Vegan recipe: Bengal Gram Split Dumpling
A healthy vegan recipe of dumpling which has also necessary nutrients that your body needs.
Bengal Gram Split Dumpling
I learned this vegan recipe from a Sri Lankan friend and since then it’s a favorite evening snack at my home. Bengal split gram, also known as channa dal, is a yellow lentil, closely related to chickpea family. It is a major ingredient of Indian vegetarian culinary. It is also cooked with chicken and meat in Pakistani cuisine. Known as a power house of protein and a popular alternative to animal sources of food.
- Channa dal 1 cup
- Chopped Onion 1-2 medium onion (depends how much you want it)
- Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 levelled tsp
- Dry whole coriander crushed 1-2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes 1 levelled tsp
- Fresh coriander 2-3 Tbsp
- Green chillies 2
- Salt to taste
- Water 3-4 Tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak dal over night or for 3-4 hours.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Add some water and coarsely grind this mixture.
- Take bite size mixture in a tsp and pour this mixture in the pan to deep fry.
- Cook on medium to low flame and till golden brown color is achieved.
- Don’t put a big glop of mixture for deep frying as it will not get cooked from inside.
Cooking method variation
- Instead of deep frying you can just shallow fry them on slow heat in a pan.
- You can dry fry them in an air fryer.
Began Gram Split Nutrition Facts
|Total carbohydrates||20 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
* percent values are based on a 2000 calories diet.
This is an ultimate chuttni recipe that will revive your taste buds. I have learned it from my beautiful mother-in-law and I think this was the very first recipe I learned from her. Lunch, dinner and tea time at my home is incomplete without this tasty sauce.
- Fresh coriander handful
- Mint 3-4 leaves
- Garlic 1 small clove
- Green chilli 1
- Tomato 1 small
- Water for blending
- Yogurt 3/4 cup beaten
- Salt to taste
- Blend all the vegetable ingredients along with water in a blender.
- Add this mixture and salt to the yogurt.
Nutrition Facts Reference
# Nutrition facts: www.myfitnesspal.com
- Purple Delight Easy Recipe - December 17, 2017
- How to Look Fit Before Wedding - November 15, 2017
- The Immunity Enhancer Fruit Juice - October 20, 2017