Healthy foods to lose weight!!! There are no miracle foods to shed extra pounds, but we can bring a significant weight loss if we make healthy food choices with an appropriate exercise regime.
Healthy Foods To Lose Weight
There can be a lot of contributing factors to weight gain. Talking about diet, the amount of sugars and saturated fats consumed are important contributing aspects to be considered.
Extremely active people usually burn all their fats consumed. But the fats which aren’t burned can be stored as body fats leading to weight gain.
Sugary foods on other hand can result in raise in blood sugar levels, in return body produces hunger responses.
For losing these extra pounds, we can’t rely on a single item. It’s essential to rest your diet on nutritious foods. These foods are not magic products, they only facilitate the progress, if accompanied by change in life style and will power.
How we eat today does not only affects our weight but also our body condition, skin and hair etc. There should be a constant battle that wether we want a moment of pleasure with long term resentment, or choice for healthy foods for better looking body and soul.
You will find a big list of foods on web but here is my list of healthy foods to lose weight.
Clinical researches have proven that starting the day by consuming an egg can make it easier to lose body fat.
Egg is considered as NO, NO FOOD when it comes to weight loss but this breakfast essential is loaded with protein that will hit your appetite.
In a study it was proven that overweight women who ate egg breakfasts lost twice as much weight as women who started their days with bagels. This study also found that egg eaters don’t have higher bad cholesterol or lower good cholesterol than bagel eaters. More on egg nutrition facts.
Skim milk is considered as the most desirable and perfect healthy food for weight loss. It is usually present in the fridges of all the dieters and is a shopping essential. Milk can aid in weight loss as
- milk is rich in calcium which helps impetus fat loss.
- calcium requires a lot of energy to digest.
- The fatty acid is found in milk, and milk’s proteins can keep you feeling satisfied.
According to a study, women burned more fat and calories when they had 1,000 to 1,400 milligrams of calcium per day.
Yogurt is again, like milk, high on calcium and it gives the feeling of fullness.
Proteins from lean sources like salmon helps to feel full without adding fat.
Salmon has no magical fat-burning properties, and eating it won’t directly affect your weight. However, salmon is a lean protein that fits nicely into a healthy diet plan. Replacing fatty red meats and junk food with salmon may decrease overall calorie intake, thus helping you lose body fat.
- Its a nutrient-dense food which can be a keys to successful weight loss,
- and protein helps promote satiety to curb cravings between meals. However, use of oil or butter or fish drenched in creamy sauces can increase the calorie and fat count.
- Broiling or grilling the fish and using herbs like parsley, basil or dill, garlic, spices and lemon juice or lemon zest for calorie-free flavor.
- Omega-3 fats in salmon help increase the feelings of fullness, making it easier to lose weight. Also Omega-3 fats added benefits are the body needs for brain development that may also help limit the risk for heart disease.
Oats are perfect breakfast item for weight loss. They have enough calories and fiber to stay satisfied for long. Oats meal is
- Digested at a slower pace.
- It keeps blood sugar levels steady.
- It keeps energy up and hunger far away.
Healthy food with oats included in them and exercise are a perfect combination for weight loss.
RED KIDNEY BEANS
Kidney beans are fiber-rich and protein packed healthy food which are low in fat and help an individual feel fuller faster. Thus, a diet revolving around beans diet increases an individual’s likelihood of losing weight.
- Kidney beans block an enzyme called alpha-amylase, which aids in digestion by breaking down starches into smaller units called dextrin, which further breaks down into glucose, which can be stored as body fat. Thus kidney beans act as starch and carbohydrate blocker and more importantly there is lower rate of body fat accumulation. When there is not enough carbohydrates available to body, the body starts burning fats sorted, thus making it easy to lose weight.
Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) found that an extract in kidney beans prohibits the alpha-amylase digestive enzyme from cutting starches into sugars. Instead, starch stays in the body as fiber and burns off much quicker, allowing weight loss to be possible along with obtaining normal blood sugar levels.
Kidney beans have many health benefits, but they are not ultimate magic pill for weight loss. Kidney beans are a healthy food that can definitely aid in weight loss process if other food choices are healthy too along with a regular exercise regime.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, is a wise saying as it shows how nutritious an apple is.
- The fiber in apple is pectin, a soluble type of fiber, which blocks the absorption of cholesterol which helps body use it, rather than storing it.
- Apple gives the feeling if satiety, hence preventing you from craving for junk.
- Most of apple’s fiber is in its skin which is called as ursolic acid. This component, in a recent study in mice, was linked to a lower risk of obesity.
Recent studies have proven that Apple polyphenols increases muscle strength and supports fat loss.
Another fruit in the list of healthy foods to lose weight is blue berries. A cup serving packs 80 calories, and helps you feel full with 4 grams of fiber.
Blueberry antioxidants have been linked to extradite belly fat, heart disease, and diabetes. A diet rich in anthocyanins (antioxidant) changes how glucose is stored and processed in the body.
Blueberries function as a natural cholesterol blocker by reducing the production of HMG-CoA reductase, an enzyme produced by liver to make cholesterol with a little burden on liver.
The Blueberries helps lose belly fat by the
- positive effects of its Antioxidant on body,
- Vitamin C to keep immune system strong, and
- Vitamin E for antiaging.
Pineapples can be a tasty addition to a weight loss regime. Bromelain is an enzyme that is only available in natural form in the pineapple. It promotes
- protein digestion,
- eliminates bloating and
- aid in weight loss.
- Hydration (thirst is often mistaken for hunger).
Bromelain is some times used as an ingredient in weight loss products.
- Most fibre present in pineapple is insoluble which will act as more filling and least fattening, which is excellent for anybody attempting to lose weight.
- One pineapple with the high water content of 86% water helps to give feelings of fullness for very less calories.
- Pineapple has few calories for their weight a fruit having ‘low energy density’.
This makes it an excellent choices for those trying to lose weight as excessive consumption will not be equivalent to excessive amount of calories (which will be stored as fat).
So no more starving to lose weight, there is no need to starve yourself in order to lose weight. The key is that calories in must be fewer than calories out.
According to researchers at Scripps Clinic in California, eating half a grapefruit before each meal may help you lose weight up to one pound a week even if you change nothing else about your diet. The study author, Ken Fujioka, MD, says a compound in grapefruit helps regulate insulin, a fat-storage hormone. “Anything that helps lower insulin can help people lose weight,” he explains. “Grapefruit seems to be one of those foods.”
- One cup sections with juice (230g) gives 1.8 grams of protein, and it’s high water content of atleast 90% can fill you up so you eat less.
- So taking half grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice before meals may help give a filling effect, thus dieter will eat fewer calories at meals and start losing weight.
Oranges have been put highest among fruits in ranking, on a list of 38 filling foods, by Australian researchers. 1 cup serving of orange segments provide around 4.4 grams of fiber, which according to “world’s healthiest foods rating” is a very good source of fiber. Low calorie count of this amazing fruit is just like an icing on the cake.
- Pears are high in fiber providing nearly 20% of the body’s daily suggested amount of fiber.
- Fiber has a quality to make the body feel full longer, so munching a healthy between-meal snack, such as Pear, will make it less likely to “over snack.”
- Fiber helps the body absorb vital minerals and vitamins from food, and it helps maintain digestive system regularity.
One study found that women who ate three pears a day consumed fewer calories and lost more weight than those who didn’t. Get rid of the peeler though; the skin is where all that amazing fiber is resting!
Another study reveals that people who regularly consume the fruit are ‘35% less likely to be obese and pears are associated with lower body weight
Pears are high in glucose and fructose, providing a natural elevation in energy levels. However, pears have a low glycemic index, resulting in a slower carbohydrate absorption in the bloodstream. With stable blood sugars and as a result of slower transition, there is less yearning for more food.
Light exercise is a must for losing weight in a healthy manner. Activity is directly related to easier weight loss. Activity can even diminish with muscles and joints pain. Anti-inflammatory properties of pear juice can reduce the symptoms of limiting movement of a weight watcher.
To conclude with, pears pack a nutritious punch with low calorie count. A Pear accommodate 60 calories with several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Pears serve its best by being an easily digestible snack.
Cabbage, a low calorie vegetable with only 19 calories per cup and hefty amount of cabbage make it a healthy food to consume it for snacking and as salads. Rich antioxidants like vitamin C make it a great immune-booster.
With a mere 60–70 calories per pound, lettuce is high on the list of diet-friendly foods. Lettuce is a great source of manganese, folic acid and B vitamins which play role in regulating blood sugar and is considered significant for healthy immune system. Lettuce and it’s other varieties can be a healthy addition to salads for in between munching.
These beautifully brightly colored vegetables contain folic acid, potassium, sulfur compounds and antioxidants that aids in digestion. The green leafy tops contain six times the vitamin C and more calcium than the roots. Radish has a low glycemic index, making it digest slowly and thus there is no blood sugar spikes after meal. Also, the high levels of iron and magnesium help to dissolve fat in the cells.
- The high fibre content of broccoli controls your hunger and with a high satiety value. Such high fibre food help you consume less and burn more fats.
- Broccoli is also high in calcium, Vitamin C, K and A, making it a healthy food to reduce blood pressure, fight colon cancer, and prevent heart disease. This one vegetable with ugly looks but super performance can help shed some pounds and keep you healthy too.
- One cup of cooked broccoli can give twice the amount of Vitamin C and K of our body requirements per day with only 40 calories/serving. This can have a significant effect on weight.
- The rich water content in broccoli means it adds volume to meal without adding any extra calories.
- This flavourful and tender leafy green vegetable with a unique flavour is rich in vitamin K iron and folic acid.
- It also contains beta-carotene, vitamin C and phytochemical lutein which provide a protection against age related degeneration.
When it comes to healthy foods to lose weight, spinach can be considered as nutritional powerhouse to do do the job. This low calorie vegetable with only 7 calories per cup can be a regular part of the diet plan.