Aubergine also called as egg plant, brinjal, garden egg or guinea squash. Aubergine is known as “King of Vegetables”. China is the top producing country of aubergine, followed by India. Brinjal has deep purple skin with creamish, spongy flesh. Below we will discuss some nutrition facts of eggplant.
Nutrition Facts of Eggplant (Aubergine or Brinjal)
- It is a rich source of fiber and low soluble carbohydrates. Thus, making it highly beneficial for regulation of blood sugar levels and also to control the absorption of glucose.
- Aubergine is low in fats and proteins, making it a low calorie vegetable.
- The potassium content present in this vegetable keeps the body well hydrated which ensues there is no retention of fluids which prevents coronary heart disease.
- Aubergine contains phytonutrients which keep the cell membranes protected from any kind of damage and facilitates the message transfer from one part to another, thus preserving the memory function.
- The content of nasunin in this vegetable helps remove excess iron from body.
- High water content makes it an ideal food for weight watchers.
- It contributes to the prevention of constipation and risk of colon cancer because of its opulent content of fiber.
- Aubergine has a tiny amount of nicotine which helps those who want to gradually quit smoking.
- It has effective healing properties because of its good amount of vitamin C.
- Aubergine is at it’s best when eaten with skin as it contains anthocyanins which act as anti-aging agents.
- This amazing vegetable has anti-skin cancer property . It contains chlorite which has anti-cancer properties and protects DNA from mutations.
- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties which help reduce the amount of bad cholesterol.
- Eggplants are loaded with healthy enzymes that promote hair follicles which as a result strengthens hair with a healthy growth. Water content in aubergines also foster the roots of hair. People with rough and dry hair should eat more of this vegetable. It helps give a healthy shine to your hair while improving its overall texture.
- Aubergines have ample amounts of minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber. This helps keep the system clean from within which reflects in the form of flawless skin outside.
- High content of bioflavonoids control BP and relieve stress. Moreover, presence of vitamin K along with bioflavonoids strengthens blood capillaries and plays role in prevention of blood clots.