Mango Nutrition Facts You Must Know
King of fruits, MANGO, boosts the nutrient value of our diet. There is a stack of super nutrition packed in this sweet fruit. This healthy punch, whether fresh or frozen, there’s no question on its popularity. Wonderfully delicious, brightly colored, one of the most popular fruits to relish. This topic will shed some light on the mango nutrition facts
It is believed that Buddha meditated under the cool shade of a mango tree. Juicy, delectable mangoes were first grown 5,000 years ago in India. What is about mangoes that make them such a hit in summers? Definitely it’s flavor.
KINDS OF MANGOES
There are various kinds of mangoes that range in
- flavour and
- seed size.
While the skin colour of mangoes vary from green to yellow, red or orange, the inner flesh of the mango is mostly golden yellow coloured.
Mango Nutritional Benefits
- First and foremost, the amazing mango protects against cancers like colon, breast, leukemia and prostrate because of antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid, and methylgallat present in it.
- The deadly combination of vitamin A, numerable caroteniods and vitamin C boost immune system.
- This king fruit is rich in a protein called glutamine acid that improves concentration.
- Studies suggest that consumption of mangoes decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
- Mango promotes a healthy complexion and hair.
- Mangoes with their fiber and water content makes them a good bulk laxatives.
- Vitamin A content of mango promotes good eyesight and prevents dry eyes and night blindness.
- Mango juice has cooling powers that protects against heat stroke.
- Vitamin E in mango is believed to regulate sex hormones.
- Mangoes are beneficial for anaemia as they are high in iron.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN OF MANGOES (percentages apply to the daily values)
One cup of diced mango contains
- 76% of the daily need for vitamin C,
- 35% for vitamin A,
- 20% of folate,
- 10% of vitamin B-6
- 9% of Fiber,
- 9% copper
- 8% of vitamin K and potassium and
- 4% magnesium
Let’s go through the mango nutrition facts.
MANGO NUTRITION FACTS
|Nutrients||Unit||Value per 100gm||Values per 1 cup pieces|
|Total lipid (fat)||g||0.38||0.63|
|Total saturated fatty acids||g||0.092||0.152|
|Total monosaturated fatty acids||g||0.140||0.231|
|Total poly unsaturated fatty acids||g||0.071||0.117|
In conclusion, we all love mango and it is glad to know these amazing nutritional facts of mangoes. What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below.
United States Department of Agriculture
Agriculture Research Service National Nutrient Database
Image source: Tumblr
- Purple Delight Easy Recipe - December 17, 2017
- How to Look Fit Before Wedding - November 15, 2017
- The Immunity Enhancer Fruit Juice - October 20, 2017